Mobile - Soft Robotics
Georgios Bolanakis received a diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA) in 2018. He has experience in embedded hardware and software, mixed-signal electronics and digital fabrication processes. During his diploma thesis (2017-2018) he designed and implemented the electronic system of the quadruped robot Laelaps. His current research interests include robotics and real-time embedded systems, with emphasis on wheeled mobile robots and visual-based localization techniques. Currently, he works on the high-precision docking and control of a holonomic mobile platform intended for autonomous handling of new generation air-cargo containers (Project: Intellicont – Horizon 2020, Clean Sky). He also participates in the development of a piezoelectric energy harvesting module used for monitoring and wireless transfer of sensory signals from wind turbine blades (Project: Enausi).
- Plagianakos, Th., Margelis, N., Leventakis, N., Bolanakis, G., Vartholomeos, P., and Papadopoulos, E. “Finite element-based assessment of energy harvesting in composite beams with piezoelectric transducers,” Journal of Materials: Design and Applications, accepted August 2021.
- Kardarakos, G. C., Varelis, D., Chrysochoidis, N. A., Margelis, N., Leventakis, N., Plagianakos, T. S., Bolanakis, G., Saravanos, D. A., Papadopoulos, E., “Computational and Experimental Efficiency Investigation of Nonlinear Energy Harvesting Systems Based on Monostable and Bistable Piezoelectric Beams,” ASME Conference on Smart Materials, Adaptive Structures and Intelligent Systems, SMASIS 2021-68209, September 14-15, 2021.
- Bolanakis, G., Nanos, K, and Papadopoulos, E., “A QR Code-based High-Precision Docking System for Mobile Robots Exhibiting Submillimeter Accuracy,” Proc. 2021 IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM 2021), Delft, The Netherlands, July 12 – 16, 2021
- Saravanos, D. A., N. A. Chrysochoidis, G. C. Kardarakos, T.S. Plagianakos, P. Vartholomeos, N. Leventakis, G. Bolanakis, N. Margelis, E. Papadopoulos, “Piezoelectric Energy Harvesting from Composite Beams in Geometric Nonlinear Regime: Numerical and Experimental Approach,” Proc. SPIE SmartStructures and NDE Conference, 7 - 10 March 2021, Long Beach, California, USA.
- Bolanakis G., Machairas, K., Koutsoukis, K., Mastrogeorgiou, A., Loupis, M., and Papadopoulos, E., “Automating Loading and Locking of New Generation Air-cargo Containers,” Proc. 9th EASN International Conference on “Innovation in Aviation & Space”, Sept. 3-6 2019, Athens, Greece. doi.org/10.1051/matecconf/201930404019.