Building M, Ground Floor, Room M.003α
Two electrohydraulic servosystems:
(a) Hydraulic Double Acting Piston Cylinder (1 dof)
(b) Sarcos (10 dof)
The major goal of the research is to develop, test and design new control laws for electrohydraulic servos. The control schemes are based on accurate dynamic and hydraulic modelling all of the system elements, emphasizing new methodologies of servovalve modelling. Parameter identification algorithms are developed in order to find system parameters. These servosystems function under real – time OS (QNX/ Linux). Optimization methods with power, weight and total cost criteria of such servosystems are developed.
The 18-dof HexaTerra electrohydraulic servomechanism.
The 1-dof electrohydraulic servosystem.
The Sarcos Electrohydraulic Dexterous Teleoperation System (Slave manipulator).
The Sarcos Electrohydraulic Dexterous Teleoperation System (Master manipulator).
For complete publications list see here
• Davliakos, I., Roditis, I., Lika, K., Breki, Ch.-M., and Papadopoulos, E., “Design, Development, and Control of a Tough Electrohydraulic Subsea Hexapod Robot,” Advanced Robotics, May 2018, Vol. 32, No. 9, 2018, pp. 477-499. DOI: 10.1080/01691864.2018.1461684.
• Davliakos, I. and Papadopoulos, E., “Impedance Model-Based Control for an Electrohydraulic Stewart Platform,” European Journal of Control, Vol. 15, No. 5, 2009, pp. 560-577.
• Davliakos, I. and Papadopoulos, E., “Model Based Control of a 6-dof Electrohydraulic Gough-Stewart Platform,” Mechanisms and Machine Theory, Vol. 43, No. 11, 2008.
• Davliakos, I. and Papadopoulos, E., “Model-Based Position Tracking Control for a 6-dof Electrohydraulic Stewart Platform,” Proc.15th IEEE Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation, June 27-29, 2007, Athens, Greece.
• Davliakos, I. and Papadopoulos, E., “A Model-Based Impedance Control of a 6-dof Electrohydraulic Stewart Platform,” Proc. European Control Conference, (ECC ’07), 2-5 July 2007, Kos, Greece, pp. 3507-3514.
• Davliakos, I. and Papadopoulos, E., “Invariant Error Dynamics Controller for a 6-dof Electrohydraulic Stewart Platform,” Proc. 6th CISM-IFToMM Symposium on Robot Design, Dynamics, and Control, (ROMANSY ’06), June 20-24 2006, Warsaw, Poland.
• Papadopoulos, E. and Davliakos, I. “A Systematic Methodology for Optimal Component Selection of Electohydraulic Servosystems,” International Journal of Fluid Power, Vol. 5, No. 2, 2004, pp. 15-24.